10.20.2010

October 20, 2010


I am getting transferred! Everything that I know about Boston is going to change! It is exciting and scary at the same time. Sometimes the mission feels like an eternity and sometimes it feels like it is going so fast. I am just trying to enjoy all that God has for me and take advantage of the time I have here on the mission because it is just for a short time.

My week was fantastic! Monday we met this amazing kid who has a relationship with someone in the ward. We have had daily contact with him and he is just ready for the gospel in his life. Yesterday we went to talk to him and they were reading the Book of Mormon together. He cried when he prayed about the Book of Mormon. It is just amazing! You just can't explain the high that you feel when an investigator develops his own testimony.

Tuesday we went to see our recent convert Maryse who needed help moving these ancient gigantic TVs. They were so big and heavy, but we have Elder Dawe who is a TANK and so strong! The look on her face to see if we could do it was amazing. To see the change in her family and attitude is just amazing. It is just crazy what a little service does for people. It is awesome!

Wednesday, we had a miracle happen. We were visiting people less actives who are struggling with life right now because they don't have much money. Literally two seconds later someone comes up and gives us a ton of food! They work at a restaurant and when they close for the day, they give the food away. It was just amazing to see the hand of the Lord and how missionaries are such a tool to help others. Later that day, I gave a blessing in Spanish to a member who was sick. She told us how grateful she was for the blessing because she was healed 20 minutes later.

Thursday, some people gave us some cereal and food and we went and gave it to the families that are struggling! It is amazing the miracles that are all around us!

I fasted and prayed last Sunday that an investigator woud come to church and one came!!! I was so happy and he was excited! I then participated in two blessing of kids that are in our ward. I gave another blessing of the sick at dinner. It was awesome. It was so cool to really bless other people with the authority that I have and to know that God really does answer our prayers.

We have been reaping the harvest of our hard work. So far this week, we have taught 10 lessons and found 5 new investigators, three of which are looking to be baptized! It has just been a miracle! Last night, my adoptive family, the Campos, took us out to dinner and gave me a gift. They call me their son and their brother. I love them more than anything. They took care of me in Chelsea and it is sad to leave them.

That is my week. That is my life and I love it! Peace and blessings to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment