11.15.2010

November 15, 2010

Elder Phillips and Mr. Hollywood

Elder Mecham and I

I feel like this week went by really, really fast and it was really, really fun!

I found a fantastic scripture this week. It just gives the best reason to be out on a mission. It is in 3 Nephi 18:32 and it states, "Nevertheless, ye shall not cast him out of your synagogues, or your places of worship, for unto such shall ye continue to minister; for ye know not but what they will return and repent, and come unto me with full purpose of heart, and I shall heal them; and ye shall be the means of bringing salvation unto them." This means that I am the means that God can bring to pass salvation to others and I need to preach the gospel to somebody that needs to have the gospel in their life. This is just a great scripture and it was so great to find it.

Tuesday, I taught someone from China that doesn't believe in God or Jesus Christ. He made all these commitments and then we stopped by the other day and he had left a note that told us that we can't expect him to do all the things that we asked him to do. We left him a Chinese Book of Mormon. Then our investigator that was supposed to get baptized this week postponed because his mom couldn't do it. We will have to wait a little longer. I hope that I will be here when does get baptized. Today, he asked so many questions about the Word of Wisdom. He said that he doesn't think that drinking alcohol and smoking are bad for you. Then the next visit something hit me that I forgot about when the Word of Wisdom was revealed to Joseph Smith, he didn't think tobacco was not bad either. Then we explained to him that as technology advanced we found out how bad tobacco was. That is why we have a prophet to guide us and that when we listen we will be blessed. It was awesome. He was so much better after that. I love it when God helps you explain things!

Two Sundays ago, I met the coolest guy in the English ward. He is from Mexico We are good buddies because I talk Spanish. This guy is such a gentleman. He is a VIP butler and he loves me because I gave him a blessing in Spanish. Then he took us out to this Chinese restaurant and we had this ginger duck. Then we went on exchanges on Saturday and he took us out for lunch. He is the coolest guy ever.

We went on changes this week and I went with Elder Mecham. He is a small country, southern boy. He loves to cook and is going to open a restaurant after he saves enough money working on the oil rigs after his mission. I sure never thought I would meet someone like him. I thought they were extinct! It was just awesome to go with him. We went all over but it was weird that we went to a place of all white people and all the people were rich! I spoke very little Spanish. His dad is a chicken farmer and he talks more than me!

Sunday was great! I am getting better at translating. I am still talking a lot of Spanish, so I am still getting better. I am really happy to be here! We teach lots of Spanish people. I love this work. This is the place for me, in the city! I don't know what I would do without the Hispanics or the city. I will do great where ever the Lord sends me. I just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment