1.18.2011

January 18, 2011

I've been transferred to Worcester, MA. I have even less in common with my new companion. He is into Shakespeare and doesn't have an athletic bone in his body! He is super, super nice. It is super crazy. He is like the most loving and warm kid I have ever met in my entire life. Worcester is the second largest city in New England but it is more spread out than Boston. It is fun. We have a car now. The ward is great with great youth, which is fun. There has not been too many youth in the other areas. We are excited to work with them.

I will always be writing on Tuesdays now. We just got another big storm. We couldn't drive today, so we are walking to the library (to email) in the storm. I have on my winter coat and my rubber things over my shoes. I got here on Friday kind of late. It takes about 1 1/2 hours to drive here from Boston. The drive is beautiful. The work is a lot different here. Not so much street contacting and lots of visiting and knocking on doors. It is cool to have a different aspect of missionary work. We don't live with other elders, so it is a lot more quiet. I will have to work hard to maintain my Spanish. There is a lot of Spanish people, but they usually know both languages. I still get to translate, so that's exciting.

Saturday morning, we got to go help a scout with his Eagle project from the ward. We chopped down trees. It was super fun and I enjoyed it. It brought back good memories of tying down water heaters! We also work at the Bishop's storehouse a couple of times a week. I don't think we will be building any houses anytime soon, but there is plenty of service and we get free food....so that is solid!

Sunday, we had a meeting with the Stake President. We had to get up at 5 am and get a ride back to the city. The Stake President gave a great talk and compared us to aircraft carriers. He said the only way to survive a storm is to go and dive into the waves and fight back against the things in the world. It was amazing! I will continue to go on and keep doing the things that the Lord wants me to do.

Monday was P-day and it was super cold. It was only in the teens, so we didn't want to go outside. We went and hung out with some other elders that live nearby. I don't have much in common with any of the elders here. They don't really like sports, so we played darts!

Peace and Blessing! Love you all!

Elder Phillips




No comments:

Post a Comment