2.23.2011

February 24, 2011

Restaurant Depot
Sam's Club with Rob
Emailing at the Boylston Deli

Hello Friends and Family,

No changes during transfer week! DANG!! Everything is going to be okay. I will continue to do my best to keep working hard. One thing that I am going to be sad about is that I have made one of my best friends on my mission, Elder Jackson. He is going home in 2 days. We have had some similar experiences especially with anxiety and with missions. I have learned to love him so much. I have learned to not judge a book by its cover because I didn't think that I would like him, honestly. He is awesome. He likes to road bike and I want my dad to go out with him when he gets home.

I am writing today in the Boylston Deli. I went with Rob to Sam's Club and had one of those deep conversations. I have not had people to have one of those with for probably about a year. It feels awesome. I love him and he understands me and loves me. We are so similar.

This week we had the most spiritual experience. I felt like I am supposed to be here and I feel the Lord's hand helping me. I can't give all the details, but I will write an abbreviation We go see this guy, like just on an whim. He doesn't let us in his house. He is a member and just needs some help right now. We think everything is good. Anyways, we just keep going with our day and didn't think anything of it. We come to find out that he was about to kill himself and asked God to show him a sign not to kill himself, and then we showed up. WOW! Yeah...I feel like a tool and I love these things. I just know the gospel is true!

Sunday, we went to another church. I met a man that was a former member of our church. I talked to him for about an hour after church. He told me why he left our church. One of the things he said was that he was super hung up on the Bible. He said that the temple ordinances are not spoken of in the Bible. I told him that I have never felt so close to God in my life as when I have been in the temple. He wants everything to be proven, like in science. Many things in religion cannot be proven, you have to rely on faith and feelings. The purpose of the church is to be happy. God will reward me with happiness and joy if I am doing correct things. I must be doing correct things because my life is happy...not easier, but happier.

I love you all. Peace and Blessings. Elder Phillips

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about his experiences! It's great to see that he's doing so well. Thanks for the updates!

    ReplyDelete