2.04.2011

February 4, 2011

The worst storm in the history of Worcester!

I am sure my mother is freaking out because she has not heard from me, but I am alive and kicking after my snow vacation with the mission. It has been super great to have a little fun! We had like 3 p-days in a row. It has been hard in some ways...because I feel kinda worthless. Ha Ha! My whole life has seemed to be work and to not do anything for three days was really hard for me. We did a lot of shoveling though! We knew we were going to get a red dot (meaning we have to stay inside), so we planned to go over to the zone leaders house and have a slumber party! It was really fun! We played lots of games and shoveled a lot of snow. The zone leaders live with members that own a deli, so we helped them a lot. It was super fun! I feel worthless and fat because we couldn't go any where so we just sat around and ate everything in sight! Ha Ha! So, it's back to the drawing board trying to loose some more weight! Got to fit into the suit, right?

We did accomplish a lot of service during the blizzard. We unloaded a truck on Tuesday morning that was coming into the Bishop's Storehouse. The blizzard started when we got there so after unloading the truck we went straight to the Zone Leaders house. We didn't have a change of clothes or anything! It was also super cold. Usually when it snows it warms up, but is was colder than 10 degrees when it snowed. It was a nightmare! It is not fun to do service when it is that cold, but you got to do what you got to do! We spent the next few days at the Boylston Deli where they made us sooo much food! I feel so bad because they don't make that much money and they always want to feed us and they will not take our money. It is sad! I love them. They are so amazing! Our district is really close now because we spent so much time together the past few days. I got really close to Elder Jackson that is leaving next transfer. He is a biker and wants to train to do LoToJa with dad!

Something has been weighing on my mind. I hope that I am doing the work how the Lord wants me to do it. I am really trying to push to work hard, but I have to do things the way my companion wants because he is the senior companion. He wants to knock on doors because he thinks its easier and I don't know if that is the best use of our time. I have been able to make some changes for the better which is super good and we are doing a lot better now.

Anyway, we have had the worst winter in the history of Worcester. All the two lane roads are just one lane now and all the four lane roads are just two lanes. Traffic is a nightmare and it is just not fun at all. It is hard to do missionary work! I have to cut this short...got to go teach!

Peace and Blessings. Love, Elder Phillips


No comments:

Post a Comment