6.07.2011

June 7, 2011

BIKE CRASH!

Oh man, what a week!

I have a couple of stories this week. I am sure that you have heard about the tornado that happened here in Worcester. Yes, there was a funnel cloud that touched down nearby. When the storm started we were on our bikes. It has been so nice here. We had no idea that there was a storm in the forecast, so we thought it would be a good day for bikes. We start going to our appointments and about 4:00 pm it gets cloudy. We have about 2 more miles to go to teach and as soon as we get there it starts to rain, just a drizzle. After our appointment, we decided to go get the car. By the time we got to our car we were soaked. We got our bikes hooked up and it starts to pour, I mean pour! When we got there, funnel clouds were touching down in the town over! We got a text from the mission office telling us to stay inside. Pretty crazy!

The next story, I will just say that I bet I am the only missionary in history to crash a car and a bike in 2 days. First, we are on our way home from a meeting and I get cut off and couldn't stop fast enough. Yes, we crashed....so great! Then I found out that I wasn't supposed to be driving; I was never approved. So, Elder Carrillo and I got a good talking to by the vehicle coordinator. So now we are on our bikes because the car is in the shop. Second, we are going down a hill on our way to an important meeting, and my tire pops! I think, no big deal, I am a triathlete, I can handle this! Well yeah, I went over the handle bars and got messed up! Well, now we are walking missionaries!

I am still happy with Elder Carrillo. One of my best buddies ever. I love him. We have 3 baptisms that will be coming up this month, how awesome is that? We are getting blessed. It is awesome doing the work. We are really excited and have had great lessons. I love the members, they are really taking care of us.

Peace and Blessings. I love it!

Elder Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment