5.31.2011

May 31, 2011

Elder Phillips in the city on Memorial Day
Hello my friends! How is everything going? Here, it is good. I am loving being with Elder Carrillo! It has been fun getting to know each other. I have been showing him the ropes of the area here in Worcester and it has been really fun. We are both loosing weight. It is really really nice to have the support of Elder Carrillo, a fellow athlete. He is just an awesome guy.

Elder Carrillo and I
are on bikes, I decided I don't like being in a car at all. We were able to fix our bikes. We rode them all over Worcester the other day. It was way fun and now we wont go over the mile limitation we have on our car every month.

Elder Carrillo and I are working hard. We have a few more baptisms coming this month. We are very excited about the success that is coming. Yesterday, for Memorial Day, we went into Boston and just loved it! Went spent the time with some other Elders and even though was in my p-day clothes, I couldn't help but to hand out some Books of Mormon and still be a missionary! That is what i am talking about! It was fun. We went to Bunker Hill, saw a couple old boats, went to a cemetery, and of course my favorite store, Johnny Cupcakes! Johnny Cupcakes was founded here and loved it loved it to death.

Last Sunday we had the confirmation of Yesenia and Rosa. They both asked me to do it. Yup, I confirmed them a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Well as some of you know and for those that don't-I did not use all the correct words in the confirmation. There are two phrases and like the sacrament prayer it needs to be word for word. BUT I messed up! Gosh I feel really, really bad and kinda dumb. I messed up both of them so we are re-doing them next week. Well, I hope so, so we can do it correctly. The worse part is that it was done in Spanish so the Bishop didn't know I messed up until some people came and told me! Dang, I was sad that i messed up. Not for me, I could care less about that, but for Yesenia and Rosa.

The other cool thing that i got invited to do this week was to go to the temple with Rob, my buddy from the deli. He got sealed in the temple to his wife. It is sooooooo amazing to see people change, repent, and become cleansed through the Atonement of Christ. Rob had made a lot of mistakes in his life. He found the church through his wife. She is amazing! So, this man (Rob) went from drunk, to clean in less than a year... and now sealed with Priesthood. How amazing! I love the gospel, and Rob is just an amazing friend. Wow. After the sealing, we went to the deli and ate amazing food. Rob cooked for us! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Soooooo amazing.

Let's see.... what more we did this week? We straightened up some more people who think they know the date of the end of the world. I love what is says in 2 Thess. 5 2-3. Hello! Nobody knows the actual day, and if some guy is trying to predict it, he won't come on that day anyway!

Oh... and this week, we figured out how to make beans that the Dominicans make here they are soooooooooooooo good!

Elder Carrillo and I are having some great success! We are teaching a lot in Spanish. Elder Carrillo is helping me with my Spanish a lot. I am very, very grateful for him. I am just loving it here.

Peace and Blessings.

Elder Phillips

In Boston on Memorial Day

No comments:

Post a Comment