8.02.2010

August 1, 2010



I have been super sick for about 5 days. It started last Sunday and I went home and just passed out. By the way, Grandma's first aid kit saved my life. Wednesday was p-day so we went to watch the sunrise again because it is a tradition on transfer week. I was super sick and there was no where to go to the bathroom, so I had to run into the forest to do my business cause I had no choice!! Yah, life is good! I had to go clean up when I got home....Good mission story!!

Thursday, we got our new companions in the morning. Yeah! Yeah! for me! I got Elder Standage...the little turd knew that he was getting moved to me for three days! Dang him! I almost killed him...haha! He has been in my apartment so he just moved a room over. Then we got a new kid living with us from Australia and he can't speak a lick of Spanish. Standage and I are doing great! I was worried about two things: (1) that we wouldn't be able to talk to anyone because of the language barrier. He is super shy and doesn't talk to anyone in Spanish...but I never shut up so we are totally fine. The Lord is blessing us. I am learning a ton faster because we get to study together. I love it that we are working hard. (2) When I was with Elder Molina, I thought my gift of being able to get along with people was gone, but it isn't. I am just loving serving with Elder Standage. I am doing so much better. We are really different . He was home schooled and likes music not sports. He looks kinda nerdy, but he is the coolest kid I have ever met in my life. We get along great and are having so much fun.

I know that the Lord is watching out for me and answers my prayers. I got the best comp in the world and I got my confidence back in getting along with people. I get along with just about everyone. I have officially been out for longer than my other mission which is totally sweet!

Keep it real! Peace and Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment