7.05.2011

July 5, 2011

4th of July celebration in Boston!

My new companion, Elder Pacheco!

I just want to tell you thank you so much for the support and prayers that I have received. I have felt them and I think that Elder Carrillo did as he went through a difficult situation. It was really hard for me to let him go but he was so excited. Elder Carrillo and I got so close this transfer. He is sure a great guy and I will miss him.

The last transfer was difficult because we had a lot of problems that we had to work out: Elder Carrillo's problems, car problems, bike problems, etc. We were not focused on the normal work of a missionary, so we got behind on some things...we don't have many people to teach.

The Massachusetts Boston mission combined with the New Hampshire mission last week. My new companion is from the other mission and his name is Elder Pacheco. He is a great elder and has the best intentions in the world. He is well organized and clean, like I am. He loves basketball. He is a native spanish speaker but born in the United States. His family is from El Salvador and I just love the way he talks because I learned my Spanish from the Central Americans. We talk Spanish all the time, so that is really good. He is a little frustrated with all the different rules and how we do things in this mission. I am doing my best to help him and get organized. He wants to make some changes, which is great. I am trying to understand how it would be to come to a new area. I am sure I would be frustrated too. We will have success together just like I have had with other elders.

We got to go into Boston all day yesterday. Oh, my goodness the 4th of July here is just spectacular. They really know how to celebrate here! The fireworks were with music and they had a free concert. I was really fun! I really enjoyed it. We sat on the side of the Charles River on Cambridge with a bunch of members and with a ton of missionaries. It was awesome and so fun. We just talked until they started the fireworks. We are just all really tired. We got home a 2 a.m. because it took so long to get home. It was totally worth it! It was one of the best and coolest experiences that I have had on my mission and we did it with permission! It was great!
I can't believe I will be turning 21 years old. I am glad I have changed and learned to be patient. It has been my goal to get along with everyone and bite the bullet and take it. I just pray for help and the Lord has rewarded me. I didn't realize how much I had changed until I got my new companion!

Peace and Blessings.

Elder Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment