2.06.2012

February 6, 2012




This week was really, really good! As you know, last week we set a goal to teach 20 in one week. We knew this might be our last opportunity to reach this goal because of all the activities coming up. We worked very diligently and it was worth it because we reached our goal! The branch said that they have noticed our work. We have been working really closely with the branch teaching them to focus on the things that matter most. We have also been working closely with the kids and teaching them the things in the Strength of Youth pamphlet. Things are really different in Connecticut than Utah and we are really trying to be a positive influence.

We should have a couple of baptisms in a few weeks if all goes according to plan. One is almost for sure. It is awesome. This man has turned into one of my best friends. We had a lesson that was one of the most spiritual experiences ever. We talked about trials and experiences and how we over come them. It was the most spiritual and simple lesson ever. We just talked about how to get over trials with the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was just incredible.

This week has been really busy. I have been going on a lot of exchanges with my position as the District Leader. What happens in an exchange, is that I have a missionary come and observe what we do in my area and how I run my area. We are trying to get these done before things get too crazy with all the changes that are happening with me! Ha Ha! We had good experiences. One missionary came with me and he loved how we ran around all day long and didn't take breaks. It was a good experience for him. Then we also had an exchange in my area, but the English speaking portion of my area. They don't have too many investigators, so I got to walk around and contact everyone and knock on a good amount of doors. This does not happen too often in my area so it was nice and refreshing to do some good hard missionary work.

We had to sit down and have a good apartment inventory because we had some rough times with missionaries getting upset. This is just part of the mission. We are all great now and working to improve.

It seems like a lot of my friends are finishing their missions. It seems weird. I am still not "trunky" and don't want to come home, but I think that I will need a break when the 5 weeks are up. I forget sometimes how tired I really am but I will just go until the end and my parents can catch me as I am fall off the plane from being so tired, because that is what I will need.

We did not watch a single second of the super bowl! That is pretty good for me..we all know my weakness is sports. That will be fun to do when I get home I am getting more and more used to the idea of coming home I think the Lord is preparing me to come home because he knows that it will be hard for me. I have been reading the General Conference talks in the Ensign and came across the talk for return missionaries. It is funny how the Lord prepares you.

I am loving life in Connecticut! Peace and Blessings! Have a magical day!

Elder Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment